综合一区欧美国产,99国产麻豆免费精品,九九精品黄色录像,亚洲激情青青草,久久亚洲熟妇熟,中文字幕av在线播放,国产一区二区卡,九九久久国产精品,久久精品视频免费

China / Hot Issues

Police probe forced eviction

(Xinhua) Updated: 2012-04-19 19:42

HARBIN - Police in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province are investigating the assault of a couple who were forcibly evicted from their countryside home four weeks ago, local authorities said Thursday.

Qu Longhua and his wife were attacked by five masked men who, with axes and bricks in hand, broke into their home in Sanhe village in the city of Qiqihar around 7 pm on March 24, a spokesman from the city's public security bureau said.

He said the couple were hospitalized for several days but have been discharged. "Police have launched an investigation and we will punish whoever is found responsible for the attack," the spokesman said.

While the spokesman did not say how seriously the couple were injured, photos posted on the web by their daughter, a student at a university in Southwest China's Sichuan province, show Qu with a bleeding face and his wife with swollen cheeks.

Over the past weeks, their daughter has poured out her family's grievances on Weibo.com, a popular Twitter-like microblogging service.

"I promise to do all I can to bring justice to my parents," said the girl, who uses the screenname "rabbit loves yogurt."

She said her parents were previously told to move out of their home in order to make way for a development project.

"They refused to move out in time like most of their neighbors, because the compensation offered by the development company was too low and the new flat they were promised was too small, as they need extra space to keep their farming equipment," the daughter said.

She said her father remembered one of the assailants telling him "this is what you get for remaining here," indicating that the development company may have been behind the attack.

Ten days before the incident, a bulldozer drove into a community in Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, with a gang of more than 20 masked men who forced their way into several homes, hauled out the occupants and forcibly demolished the houses.

The use of land for urban and property development has proven a thorny issue in many parts of China, with some companies engaging in hasty land grabs and forced evictions.

Last year, the central government banned such acts in a circular that instructed local authorities to stop the forcible occupation of land and the demolition of homes against their owners' will.

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
渭源县| 芦溪县| 阿克陶县| 株洲县| 江阴市| 唐河县| 南通市| 临沂市| 天镇县| 遂宁市| 黄浦区| 温宿县| 鹰潭市| 兰州市| 德州市| 峡江县| 沾化县| 巩义市| 项城市| 耿马| 阿克陶县| 横山县| 叙永县| 淳安县| 苍溪县| 呼玛县| 张家川| 东安县| 六安市| 泾阳县| 集贤县| 石首市| 安丘市| 防城港市| 宣汉县| 洪洞县| 靖边县| 湖北省| 巴林左旗| 金门县| 陵川县|