综合一区欧美国产,99国产麻豆免费精品,九九精品黄色录像,亚洲激情青青草,久久亚洲熟妇熟,中文字幕av在线播放,国产一区二区卡,九九久久国产精品,久久精品视频免费

  Home>News Center>China
       
 

Expat front court over visa scam
By Liu Li (China Daily)
Updated: 2004-04-14 00:11

A 58-year-old Malaysian has become the first expatriate to face trial after allegedly organizing the departure of dozens of Chinese workers on tourism visas from Nantong in East China's Jiangsu Province, the Nanjing-based Modern Express reported.

Siaw Min Kee arranged the travel visas of 51 people from Nantong, who were actually going to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to work, the Nantong People's Procuratorate alleged.

But no decision was made late last week after the first hearing at the Nantong Intermediate People's Court. The second hearing is yet to be scheduled.

In a similar case last year, two Chinese,who were found guilty of organizing illegal migration in the name of travel, were jailed for 10 years and 11 years by the Nantong Intermediate People's Court.

Their illegal profits were confiscated and each was fined 100,000 yuan (US$12,000), the local paper said.

During court proceedings on Friday, it was alleged that in 2001 Siaw, a Malaysian company manager involved with overseas labour procurement, negotiated with Liu Jiashun, 38, to hire Chinese to work overseas.

Liu is the manager of a Zhucheng-based foreign trade company in East China's Shandong Province.

It is claimed that Liu appointed a Nanjing-based human resource intermediary company, which is run by Wang Xiaolan, who is the third defendant in the case, to hire the workers.

In July 2002, Liu faxed a copy of workers' passports to Siaw in Malaysia, the court was told.

Siaw then helped arrange tourism visas for the 51 workers, it is alleged, although they were actually going abroad to work.

After that, Liu and Wang arranged for the labourers in Jiangsu Province to go to the UAE in two batches in November 2002, it is claimed.

But the court was told some of them failed to find work in Dubai, and that they went to the Chinese consulate general for assistance.

With the aid of the consulate, some of the people went back to China at the end of 2002 and early last year. It is not known how many of the labourers are still in Dubai.

During the hearing, Siew insisted that his behaviour was not illegal as it was normal commercial practice, which is condoned by the UAE Government.

He said all of the workers had valid passports.

"Working in the UAE requires a probationary period, so working visas cannot be obtained immediately," Siew said.

Nantong is one of the areas in the province that poses the biggest risk in terms of illegal immigration, according to the Jiangsu Provincial Bureau of Public Security.

Among the 26,241 Nantong citizens who went abroad last year, 41 per cent went for work, according to bureau statistics.

Almost 560 of them were detained after immigrating illegally, an increase of 400 per cent over 2002's figure.

 
  Today's Top News     Top China News
 

New policy eases one-child restrictions

 

   
 

Cheney upholds one-China line

 

   
 

Seven Chinese kidnapped in Iraq are freed

 

   
 

Taiwan election recount possible by mid-May

 

   
 

Beijing now nation's 'most wired'

 

   
 

HIV/AIDS sufferers can receive free therapy

 

   
  President emphasizes grain output vital
   
  Cheney upholds one-China line
   
  HK man's mobile phone goes off with a bang
   
  Beijing now nation's 'most wired'
   
  Taiwan election recount possible by mid-May
   
  Official: China a main victim of CD piracy
   
 
  Go to Another Section  
 
 
  Story Tools  
   
  Related Stories  
   
Defrauded labourers return from Malaysia
   
Illegal immigrants to work legally in US
   
Bush calls for immigration overhaul
  News Talk  
  An American apolgy to the family of Chinese pilot  
Advertisement
         
手游| 商都县| 兴业县| 思茅市| 新绛县| 杭锦旗| 泾阳县| 上栗县| 临泽县| 沂水县| 鹤壁市| 大港区| 旺苍县| 丰城市| 武隆县| 巴彦淖尔市| 清涧县| 集安市| 婺源县| 喀什市| 绩溪县| 陕西省| 渭源县| 房产| 阿巴嘎旗| 綦江县| 德钦县| 锡林郭勒盟| 黄浦区| 调兵山市| 清徐县| 图木舒克市| 花莲县| 道孚县| 上饶市| 喀喇| 武穴市| 荃湾区| 凤阳县| 儋州市| 曲周县|