综合一区欧美国产,99国产麻豆免费精品,九九精品黄色录像,亚洲激情青青草,久久亚洲熟妇熟,中文字幕av在线播放,国产一区二区卡,九九久久国产精品,久久精品视频免费

World / Asia-Pacific

Kazakhstan suspends tourist flights to Egypt after Russian plane

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-11-13 21:02

ASTANA/ALMATY - Kazakhstan has suspended tourist flights to Egypt due to safety concerns after a Russian passenger plane crashed there killing all 224 people onboard, Kazakh tourist companies and an airline said on Friday.

Tez Tour Kazakhstan, one of Kazakhstan's leading tourist companies, said in a statement to its clients that tourist flights to Egypt had been stopped on Nov 12 by an order from the Central Asian nation's Civil Aviation Committee.

Kazakh airline Scat, the only Kazakh carrier offering charter flights to Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, said the next flight on Nov 17 would be made only to evacuate the travellers whom it brought there on Nov 7.

"We have received a request from our tourist firms to stop flights there because of a decline in demand for this route," Scat spokeswoman Viktoria Ulyanova told Reuters by telephone.

"We also received a recommendation from the Civil Aviation Committee to suspend flights," she said.

Tez Tour sent its clients a copy of the telegram it had received from the aviation authority, which said it had conducted a safety assessment, finding "a high level of threat to aviation security for Kazakhstan's airlines flying to Egypt".

"One of the main possible versions of the (Russian plane's) crash was a terrorist act," it said.

The committee said it "strongly recommends" that Kazakh air companies should not make flights to Egypt before the first results of the probe into the Russian air disaster have been published.

The Russian plane carrying tourists, which belonged to air company Kogalymavia, had been heading from Sharm el-Sheikh to the Russian city of St Petersburg when it crashed on Oct. 31, killing all 224 people on board.

A number of countries have suspended flights to Egypt citing safety concerns after the crash.

Egypt was a favourite holiday destination for many Kazakhstanis, as it was for Russians.

Kazakhstan's tourist industry, hit hard by the sharp devaluation of the national tenge currency in the past year, is now certain to suffer new losses, said Rashida Shaikenova, director of the Kazakhstan Tourist Association.

"Many tourists have already sold back their holiday vouchers for Egypt," she told Reuters. "We've already seen a 60-70 percent drop in demand for tourist trips abroad... The latest plane crash can make things even worse."

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
黑河市| 墨竹工卡县| 巴林左旗| 古交市| 漳州市| 莒南县| 怀来县| 永平县| 长垣县| 冀州市| 察隅县| 通辽市| 宜丰县| 邵东县| 平南县| 洛宁县| 二连浩特市| 溆浦县| 佛冈县| 沾化县| 通化市| 保山市| 海宁市| 桐庐县| 泸西县| 北票市| 香格里拉县| 永昌县| 陆川县| 屯门区| 莆田市| 建瓯市| 平昌县| 延川县| 凤翔县| 阿拉尔市| 东兰县| 阿图什市| 贵阳市| 霍林郭勒市| 阿坝县|