综合一区欧美国产,99国产麻豆免费精品,九九精品黄色录像,亚洲激情青青草,久久亚洲熟妇熟,中文字幕av在线播放,国产一区二区卡,九九久久国产精品,久久精品视频免费

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Business
Home / Business / Industries

China, US recognize that steel overcapacity requires global solution

Xinhua | Updated: 2017-07-21 09:20

WASHINGTON — Both China and the United States recognized that steel overcapacity is a global issue that requires a global solution, a senior Chinese official said here Wednesday.

At a press briefing after the conclusion of the first China-US Comprehensive Economic Dialogue (CED) in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, Chinese Vice Minister of Finance Zhu Guangyao said the two sides discussed the issue of steel overcapacity during the one-day high-level economic dialogue.

China shared the same view with the United States that steel overcapacity is a global issue, which requires a global collective response, Zhu said, adding China also emphasized that the excess steel capacity was a result of sluggish global economic recovery.

Meanwhile, the Chinese delegation told the US side that China had actively taken measures to cut steel overcapacity, Zhu said, citing China's plans to reduce steel capacity by 100 million to 150 million metric tons from 2016 to 2020.

As the world's two largest economies and co-chairs of the global forum on steel excess capacity, China and the United States have maintained policy dialogue and communication regarding the steel glut, Zhu said, noting G20 leaders agreed to establish the forum at last year's Hangzhou summit.

At the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany earlier this month, G20 leaders called on the forum to fulfill their commitments on enhancing information sharing and cooperation by August, and to rapidly develop concrete policy solutions that reduce steel excess capacity, the official said.

The G20's new commitment to address global steel overcapacity comes as the Trump administration is about to release a report on the national security implications of steel imports in the coming weeks.

In defense of the US steel industry, the Trump administration in April invoked a decades-old, rarely used trade tool, known as a Section 232 investigation under the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, to look into all foreign steel imports.

If the investigation concludes that steel imports would undermine US national security, the trade law would allow the U.S. government to impose tariffs, quotas, or other measures to restrict the imports.

Many trade experts and economists have warned that it would hurt millions of US consumers and thousands of US manufacturers if the Trump administration imposes new restrictions on steel imports.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
喀喇沁旗| 晋宁县| 乡城县| 汝南县| 嘉兴市| 江阴市| 郁南县| 临泉县| 博湖县| 毕节市| 邵阳县| 陆丰市| 南陵县| 永清县| 鹰潭市| 治多县| 牙克石市| 五家渠市| 赤峰市| 隆林| 故城县| 吉安县| 通许县| 万年县| 赣州市| 青阳县| 汨罗市| 汝南县| 兴文县| 曲靖市| 远安县| 于都县| 鹰潭市| 霸州市| 三江| 汕头市| 辽中县| 南丹县| 紫云| 鄱阳县| 琼海市|